segunda-feira, 12 de abril de 2010

Susana Kristensen in the Spanish Youth Meeting


Hi. my name is Susana. Last month, from the 12th to the 16th March I was in a Servas meeting in Valencia, Spain. It was a great experience and it made me want to participate in further Servas meetings of this kind, specially those made by and with young people.
There, I met many nice people and I also made a friend "for life", my dear friend from Holland.
The organisation was very impressive and I felt good, and allways having something to do, there were allways activities happening. Some of the people could have tried to speak more in english, my spanish is very bad....but, no problem :-)
The "Fallas de Valencia" is the biggest event in Valencia and it was something really extraordinary. I was there together with my dutch friend, Vera.
After the Servas Meeting I went to a Servas host's apartment. He was so nice that he let us stay there, some of us who wanted to accompany the Fallas day and night events.
The Fallas are some huge sculptures that eventually will burn before the public's eyes. It was unbelievable to watch those big, beautifully decorated and artistic huge sculptures, burning out.Magical and painful to watch....
Susana Duro, the spanish organiser of the Meeting, made us feel comfortable in this small town, that was flooded by people, mainly tourists. So I want to thank Susana for all her help, and I also want to thank Jorge, for letting me stay in his apartment in Valencia. Muchas gracias.........

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário